Thursday, October 23, 2008

ANTIQUES

My Grandfather bought this truck from Drumheller many many years ago, it was being used as a coal truck at that time and my Grandfather bought it to haul grain from his farm outside Oyen Alberta.
I have a great passion for our past, our history and for any antiques.
This oldie is one of two grain trucks we were gifted by my Uncle.
This is an International from 1938/39. The reason I question the year is on some of its registrations the year is 1938 and on others it is 1939. Once we get it home, I am sure we will figure it out. The other truck is an International from 1957. As I mentioned I love antiques especially those that are in my family and part of our history. This old truck was still used when I was a child and I remember sitting on the fender when we waited at the elevator with a load of grain. It hasn't been used for the past 30 to 35 years and was vandalized by teens a few times where it sat in the back of my Uncle's property. We were amazed that the back tires were still inflated and the front ones, once filled held air.

No comments: